Although DJs generally are not so keen on taking requests, itâ€™s a completely different story when it comes to weddings. Naturally, we understand that this is not the time when we want the spotlight to shine on us, as you are the show’s stars! With that in mind, we always aim to make your event the complete reflection of yourselves and your unique love story. So, the choice of wedding songs is of utmost importance.
Of course, every celebration of love is different, and the wedding playlist tends to follow suit. Typically, we implement our own picks. However, it always comes down to the couplesâ€™ wishes. After all, thatâ€™s what makes it fun, since no two weddings are the same! But, as almost a standard, certain wedding songs are highly requested. Almost as a magical happenstance, everyone is either throwing down on the floor or delicately swaying in their partnerâ€™s embrace whenever they’re played. â€œThinking out Loudâ€ by Ed Sheeran rings a bell?
That said, weâ€™d like to list these stand-out wedding songs that are absolute must-haves on your playlist. However, we wonâ€™t only mention reception songs. To get the full They Are Playing Our Song Atlanta wedding DJ experience, weâ€™ve also included our top picks for significant events that are part of the event, like getting ready, the exit, and so forth. Load up your music service and create the perfect wedding playlist!
Photo by Ãlvaro CvG
Getting Ready Songs
Our Top Pick: â€œHair, Body, Faceâ€ – Lady Gaga
What ties Gaga and weddings together? If your answer was â€œShallowâ€, youâ€™re absolutely right! Naturally, thereâ€™s no denying that the song took the world by storm as it is romantic to the core, and naturally, itâ€™s part of almost every wedding. But the pop queen has created numerous gems for the movie â€œA Star Is Bornâ€ and â€œHair, Body, Faceâ€ is the ultimate song to get ready for. Become the triple threat, like the song says, and dazzle everyone present with your radiance!
- â€œTelepatiaâ€ – Kali Uchis
- â€œDonâ€™t Start Nowâ€ – Dua Lipa
- â€œ7 Ringsâ€ – Ariana Grande
- â€œVirgoâ€™s Grooveâ€ – Beyonce
- â€œBejeweledâ€ – Taylor Swift
- â€œWannabeâ€ – Spice Girls
- â€œWay 2 Sexyâ€ – Drake, Future, Young Thug
- â€œPursuit Of Happinessâ€ – Kid Cudi
- â€œBye Bye Byeâ€ – *NSYNC
- â€œAmerican Boyâ€ – Estelle, Kanye West
Wedding Entrance Songs
Our Top Pick: â€œThis Is How We Do Itâ€ – Montell Jordan
It comes as no surprise that the choice of wedding entrance songs is something that couples want to nail to perfection. And while most choose something epically romantic, why not opt for something more funky instead? â€œThis Is How We Do Itâ€ is a tune youâ€™ve heard at least once, and it knows how to bring the mood up. So, show everyone how you and your beloved do it and make an iconic entrance!
- â€œCUFF ITâ€ – Beyonce
- â€œYou Make My Dreams Come Trueâ€ – Daryl Hall & John Oats
- â€œSigned, Sealed, Deliveredâ€ – Stevie Wonder
- â€œpovâ€ – Ariana Grande
- â€œYou Make Loving Funâ€ – Fleetwood Mac
- â€œAll You Need Is Loveâ€ – The Beatles
- â€œWhat I Like About Youâ€ – The Romantics
- â€œLike Iâ€™m Gonna Lose Youâ€ – Meghan Trainor, John Legend
- â€œMaking Memories Of Usâ€ – Keith Urban
- â€œThinking Out Loudâ€ – Ed Sheeran
Photo by Mitchell Orr
Wedding Reception Songs
Our Top Pick: â€œPaper Ringsâ€ – Taylor Swift
Americaâ€™s sweetheart is dominating the world with her sold-out tour, but sheâ€™s no stranger to weddings as well. Since her lyrics are masterfully romantic, itâ€™s no wonder why many couples choose to feature the pop superstar in their wedding music playlists. Of course, everyone goes for the classic â€œLove Storyâ€ and â€œYou Belong With Meâ€. However, our choice comes right from her vault. â€œPaper Ringsâ€ from her album â€œLoverâ€, and the lyrics are as sweet as ever. Through drum-thumping beats, she sings, â€œI like shiny things, but Iâ€™d marry you with paper ringsâ€. Clearly, it doesnâ€™t get better than that!
- â€œDancing Queenâ€ – ABBA
- â€œDonâ€™t Stop Me Nowâ€ – Queen
- â€œDance The Night Awayâ€ – Dua Lipa
- â€œFreed From Desireâ€ – Gala Rizzatto
- â€œGasolinaâ€ – Daddy Yankee
- â€œYo x Ti, Tu x Miâ€ – Rosalia, Ozuna
- â€œPour Some Sugar On Meâ€ – Def Leppard
- â€œWant To Want Meâ€ – Jason Derulo
- â€œLetâ€™s Get It Onâ€ – Marvin Gaye
- â€œToxicâ€ – Britney Spears
- â€œBlinding Lightsâ€ – The Weeknd
- â€œCrazy In Loveâ€ – Beyonce
- â€œGet Luckyâ€ – Daft Punk, Pharell Williams
- â€œWorkâ€ – Rihanna, Drake
- â€œParty In The USAâ€ – Miley Cyrus
- â€œI Wanna Dance With Somebodyâ€ – Whitney Houston
Wedding Exit Songs
Our Top Pick: â€œEvacuate The Dancefloorâ€ – Cascada
As weâ€™re slowly coming to the end of our most requested wedding songs, the finale needs to be spectacular. As you can imagine, your wedding exit needs to be remembered by everyone, putting the cherry on top of your fabulous night. While we always suggest that this song is closest to your heart, we highly suggest the upbeat â€œEvacuate The Dancefloorâ€ by Cascada. Say what you want, but the 90s and 00s were the golden years of dance music, and the bangers came rolling out one after the other. What better way to mark the end of the show than having everyone light up their sparklers while you have your graceful adieu!
- â€œApplauseâ€ – Lady Gaga
- â€œCountdownâ€ – Beyonce
- â€œYou Shook Me All Night Longâ€ – AC/DC
- â€œLove To Love You, Babyâ€ – Donna Summer
- â€œHONEYMOONâ€ – Jo Hill
- â€œAll You Need Is Loveâ€ – The Beatles
- â€œAdore Youâ€ – Harry Styles
- â€œSky Full Of Starsâ€ – Coldplay
- â€œCornerstoneâ€ – Arctic Monkeys
- â€œRunning Up That Hillâ€ – Kate Bush
Photo by ÐÐ½Ð½Ð° Ð¥Ð°Ð·Ð¾Ð²Ð°
In essence, these were only a handful of the most requested wedding songs that we couldnâ€™t get enough of! Remember, choosing songs is completely up to you since this is your special night. However, as wedding DJs in Atlanta, GA, we practically do this daily, so we believe in our choices. Allow us to make your event even more dreamy with these best wedding songs, and enjoy your night to the fullest!
If youâ€™re looking for an Atlanta wedding DJ, donâ€™t hesitate to get in contact. In the meantime, make sure to read the rest of our blogs for even more inspiration.