Although DJs generally are not so keen on taking requests, it’s a completely different story when it comes to weddings. Naturally, we understand that this is not the time when we want the spotlight to shine on us, as you are the show’s stars! With that in mind, we always aim to make your event the complete reflection of yourselves and your unique love story. So, the choice of wedding songs is of utmost importance.
Of course, every celebration of love is different, and the wedding playlist tends to follow suit. Typically, we implement our own picks. However, it always comes down to the couples’ wishes. After all, that’s what makes it fun, since no two weddings are the same! But, as almost a standard, certain wedding songs are highly requested. Almost as a magical happenstance, everyone is either throwing down on the floor or delicately swaying in their partner’s embrace whenever they’re played. “Thinking out Loud” by Ed Sheeran rings a bell?
That said, we’d like to list these stand-out wedding songs that are absolute must-haves on your playlist. However, we won’t only mention reception songs. To get the full They Are Playing Our Song Atlanta wedding DJ experience, we’ve also included our top picks for significant events that are part of the event, like getting ready, the exit, and so forth. Load up your music service and create the perfect wedding playlist!
Photo by Álvaro CvG
Getting Ready Songs
Our Top Pick: “Hair, Body, Face” – Lady Gaga
What ties Gaga and weddings together? If your answer was “Shallow”, you’re absolutely right! Naturally, there’s no denying that the song took the world by storm as it is romantic to the core, and naturally, it’s part of almost every wedding. But the pop queen has created numerous gems for the movie “A Star Is Born” and “Hair, Body, Face” is the ultimate song to get ready for. Become the triple threat, like the song says, and dazzle everyone present with your radiance!
- “Telepatia” – Kali Uchis
- “Don’t Start Now” – Dua Lipa
- “7 Rings” – Ariana Grande
- “Virgo’s Groove” – Beyonce
- “Bejeweled” – Taylor Swift
- “Wannabe” – Spice Girls
- “Way 2 Sexy” – Drake, Future, Young Thug
- “Pursuit Of Happiness” – Kid Cudi
- “Bye Bye Bye” – *NSYNC
- “American Boy” – Estelle, Kanye West
Wedding Entrance Songs
Our Top Pick: “This Is How We Do It” – Montell Jordan
It comes as no surprise that the choice of wedding entrance songs is something that couples want to nail to perfection. And while most choose something epically romantic, why not opt for something more funky instead? “This Is How We Do It” is a tune you’ve heard at least once, and it knows how to bring the mood up. So, show everyone how you and your beloved do it and make an iconic entrance!
- “CUFF IT” – Beyonce
- “You Make My Dreams Come True” – Daryl Hall & John Oats
- “Signed, Sealed, Delivered” – Stevie Wonder
- “pov” – Ariana Grande
- “You Make Loving Fun” – Fleetwood Mac
- “All You Need Is Love” – The Beatles
- “What I Like About You” – The Romantics
- “Like I’m Gonna Lose You” – Meghan Trainor, John Legend
- “Making Memories Of Us” – Keith Urban
- “Thinking Out Loud” – Ed Sheeran
Photo by Mitchell Orr
Wedding Reception Songs
Our Top Pick: “Paper Rings” – Taylor Swift
America’s sweetheart is dominating the world with her sold-out tour, but she’s no stranger to weddings as well. Since her lyrics are masterfully romantic, it’s no wonder why many couples choose to feature the pop superstar in their wedding music playlists. Of course, everyone goes for the classic “Love Story” and “You Belong With Me”. However, our choice comes right from her vault. “Paper Rings” from her album “Lover”, and the lyrics are as sweet as ever. Through drum-thumping beats, she sings, “I like shiny things, but I’d marry you with paper rings”. Clearly, it doesn’t get better than that!
- “Dancing Queen” – ABBA
- “Don’t Stop Me Now” – Queen
- “Dance The Night Away” – Dua Lipa
- “Freed From Desire” – Gala Rizzatto
- “Gasolina” – Daddy Yankee
- “Yo x Ti, Tu x Mi” – Rosalia, Ozuna
- “Pour Some Sugar On Me” – Def Leppard
- “Want To Want Me” – Jason Derulo
- “Let’s Get It On” – Marvin Gaye
- “Toxic” – Britney Spears
- “Blinding Lights” – The Weeknd
- “Crazy In Love” – Beyonce
- “Get Lucky” – Daft Punk, Pharell Williams
- “Work” – Rihanna, Drake
- “Party In The USA” – Miley Cyrus
- “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” – Whitney Houston
Wedding Exit Songs
Our Top Pick: “Evacuate The Dancefloor” – Cascada
As we’re slowly coming to the end of our most requested wedding songs, the finale needs to be spectacular. As you can imagine, your wedding exit needs to be remembered by everyone, putting the cherry on top of your fabulous night. While we always suggest that this song is closest to your heart, we highly suggest the upbeat “Evacuate The Dancefloor” by Cascada. Say what you want, but the 90s and 00s were the golden years of dance music, and the bangers came rolling out one after the other. What better way to mark the end of the show than having everyone light up their sparklers while you have your graceful adieu!
- “Applause” – Lady Gaga
- “Countdown” – Beyonce
- “You Shook Me All Night Long” – AC/DC
- “Love To Love You, Baby” – Donna Summer
- “HONEYMOON” – Jo Hill
- “All You Need Is Love” – The Beatles
- “Adore You” – Harry Styles
- “Sky Full Of Stars” – Coldplay
- “Cornerstone” – Arctic Monkeys
- “Running Up That Hill” – Kate Bush
Photo by Анна Хазова
In essence, these were only a handful of the most requested wedding songs that we couldn’t get enough of! Remember, choosing songs is completely up to you since this is your special night. However, as wedding DJs in Atlanta, GA, we practically do this daily, so we believe in our choices. Allow us to make your event even more dreamy with these best wedding songs, and enjoy your night to the fullest!
If you’re looking for an Atlanta wedding DJ, don’t hesitate to get in contact. In the meantime, make sure to read the rest of our blogs for even more inspiration.